Monday 27 June 2011

I Love The Summer

If you live in the South of England – you will have had the same amazing Sunday as I did – Summer most definitely arrived, not a cloud in the sky – perfect.

It made me think though, don’t we all just feel so much happier when the sun is shining.  Obviously, the downside is you notice all the dust and cobwebs in your house, which had remained nicely camouflaged in the grey light of wintry, raining days – but I’ve perfected the knack of ignoring the little voice in my head,  saying ‘…housework to be done… …housework to be done….’  Instead it’s summer clothes on, repaint the toenails, flip flops on, shades at the ready, husband on barbecue duty and chill the beers and wine. 

Okay, who am I kidding – it’s more like, ‘I should have lost that extra weight', 'panic nothing fits', 'too many wobbly bits’, ‘look at the state of my legs’, ‘oh no, husband is going to turn into MasterChef of the Year ….’

But, we love it – even when we sit out until it’s almost dark – being dive bombed by every passing mosquito – and then tearing the bathroom cupboard apart – because ‘I know there’s bite cream in here somewhere, please ….’

No truly, long may the long hot sunny days of Summer continue - despite the heat rash, hayfever, prickly heat, panda eyes ..... no, I'm only kidding ......... I LOVE THE SUMMER xxx


1 comment: